The craziness of life seems to come in waves, really big, and often close together. These last few weeks have been rough. I've been pretty stressed out about my first PhD milestone that I have had to pass which has involved
hours of work, over 10,000 words to make up a report, a few tears and some really long, often tedious days. Thankfully my report was submitted almost two weeks ago now and my presentation has been and gone as of Monday afternoon. Chuck in a bout of gastro, some work stress, home sickness and an intensive week of
long nights rehearsing for a show that I am in that opens tonight, and you have a recipe for some difficult days. Thankfully, I feel like I am on the winning side of it all. My PhD presentation didn't go completely to plan but all will be well. The show opens tonight and after a pretty good dress rehearsal last night, I am feeling pretty excited about it. I have some freaking amazing people in my life that let me unload, vent, cry and act like a complete drama queen and do it all with love, offerings of tea & coffee, wise advice and encouragement. Thank goodness for that.
Happy weekend to one and all. I plan on spending this weekend not with my head in the toilet but rather helping my husband build some cool stuff outside, performing in shows, celebrating and enjoying the first weekend of Autumn. Bring on the track pants and ugg boots I say.
PS: Here is a teaser for those of my local friends, this show is worth a look, two shows only. Long live local theatre.
"Break a leg"! Hope the show goes well. May you get some well deserved rest this weekend. Feet up with a cuppa I think x
ReplyDeleteThank you! It has taken a few days to get over the post show exhaustion but I am straight back into rehearsing for another show, I am a sucker for the theatre! :)
Deletelove the photos! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you, I really appreciate that!
DeleteSounds like you've had a lot on your plate Lisa! I don't think I even realised you were doing a PhD - what is it on?
ReplyDeleteLove your photos, as always.
Ronnie xo
Thank you for your kind words, Ronnie. I do love it when you visit! I am doing my PhD on the relationship between war & Hollywood cinema. I am looking at how Americans and the "enemy" figures are represented in Vietnam and post-9/11 war films and how it is related to social & political context. It's a bit of a mouthful! Looking back over the last few years I am still not quite sure how I ended up specialising in this area but I do find it very interesting. I hope everything is going well in your world :)
Deletethat sounds stressful! i was just going to ask what your PhD is in, but i see that you already answered ronnie :) x
ReplyDelete