It's been a while since I was here, and even longer since I was really here.
Winter is a funny season, I love the opportunity to live in ugg boots, leggings and baggy jumpers. I love the warmth of a heated house, the rainy days inside (and boy, it is so much easier to work from home when it is cold, wet and generally uninviting outside). But, winter seems to bring with it a complete lack of motivation, and generally an annual case of the blues. My nights are usually productive. As someone whose mind works best before lunch and again at dusk, I normally utilise those times to get all manner of things done. Lately? I've been on a one way train to struggletown. I feel weighted with fatigue and lacking that sense of vision that normally propels me through those moments of intense...procrastination.
But now, at last the trees are changing, my hayfever is back with a vengeance, and the days are ever so slowly getting longer. The frosts have dissipated and we have been plagued with the August winds which all mean only one thing - Spring is coming. A new season, a new opportunity to seize the day and make some changes. A chance to clean, cleanse and rid ourselves of all the things that remind us of those cold, wintry blue days. Certainly a chance to rejoice.
In light of this change of seasons, I'm making some changes. All for the greater good and you know what? I'm excited.





1 & 2// This morning was glorious. The morning sun beamed into our bedroom, and both Elliot and I enjoyed sitting in the warmth for a moment or two.
3 & 4 // The very sad, dead looking tree outside our living room has begun to blossom at last, a true sign the seasons are changing.
5// that glorious sunshine.
6// after the lemon tree bandit stole our first lemon tree, this little guy is giving it a good go. Here's hoping he doesn't go missing like his predecessor.
Has anyone else had a case of the Winter blues?

I can't believe somebody stole your lemon tree!! They definitely does NOT help with winter blues.
ReplyDeleteI bet the thief is as sour as the lemons...
I am actually seriously struggling with the level of humanity in society at the moment, so you will have to forgive my little outburst here!
A few days ago, somebody drove into my car in a carpark and dented it and then drove off without a note. I can't believe some people.
Haha, anyway, hopefully both of our luck will change with the seasons. It's the first day of Spring tomorrow! Hooray!
x
Hi Krista! Lovely to hear from you. That is awful about your car! Some people...! It was quite violating to realise that someone had walked onto our property, behind our recently constructed fence (ironically that we build for aesthetics and security!) and pinch our lemon tree, all the while I was meters away in bed with gastro! I have moved on from the anger and just find it completely absurd, why on earth would anyone do that?! I am LOVING this warm start to Spring! Where are you based? xo
DeleteI've definitely had the winter blues - our winter hasn't even really been that bad, but I don't think I realise how much I missed the sunshine until it started, well, shining. I actually wrote a post with similar themes this morning before I saw yours - I'm just glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your cat is cute! :)
I totally agree! There are certainly elements of Winter I love but this sunshine just warms me from the inside out! I am popping over to your blog now :) Isn't she cute?! You have a tabby too? We don't have kids yet so she is our little child for the time being - much less maintenance! xo
DeleteGorgeous pics. I'm not a fan of winter either. So gloomy and such short days. So glad it's now Spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Trishie! Hooray for this sunny Spring and the promise of daylight savings! I can't wait to get home from work and there still to be dayligh! xo
Delete