Exciting times ahead for these newly weds. and bring it on.
Nov 16, 2012
the one where we bought our first house.
A couple of months ago I mentioned that we were in the midst of some very exciting things happening in our lives, a change of sorts. After what has seemed like forever I can happily announce that we are officially becoming home owners! (well, after many, many, many years of repaying the kind people at our bank, that is). The last couple of months have had us on a roller coaster of emotions as we went through the motions of finding our home, and getting all the "lovely" administrative stuff organised. We have been incredibly blessed by the kind people in our home town, everyone knows everyone and it has really worked to our advantage. We have had a super team of people rallying for our cause and celebrating with us when things have finally become unconditional. We have grand plans for some serious DIY renno's, I even made a to-scale floor plan of our new home about a month ago so we could start planning, and what fun it has been! Courtesy of our friendly neighbourhood photographer Lou (and now, she really is going to be our neighbour, score!), we got a couple of happy snaps to commemorate becoming "stickered", yippee!

Exciting times ahead for these newly weds. and bring it on.
Exciting times ahead for these newly weds. and bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats lisa :-) xx
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mystee! It's so exciting! Xx
DeleteHow exciting!! But I wanna see more pictures. You lucky things! While its nice that Malcolm and I have a brand new house... there is something that draws me into doing DIY renovations on your own house. You should definitely check out some blogs when it comes getting ideas and inspiration. I recommend: Young House Love. The House of Smiths. Cape27 Blog. Even though they are American they have so really great ideas and have done lots renovating themselves. Happy renovating!
ReplyDeleteBek
Thanks Bek! I've got plenty of inspiration already from Pinterest but I'm always up for new ideas. I'll post some inside shots once we officially take over the property. It's a gorgeous 80+ year old house with big windows, picture railing and 12 ft ceilings, it's a perfect first home! We are so excited. Xx
DeleteHow exciting for you both! Congratulations! xx
ReplyDeletethanks Shelley! It feels like a dream!
DeleteYayy!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! And you two are absolutely adorable!!
ReplyDeletexo TJ
thank you TJ :) happy times ahead for us!
DeleteHow wonderful! Congatulations! There's nothing quite like the feeling of putting special touches to your own home x
ReplyDeleteI am so looking forward to adding our own touches and knowing that it is OUR home, such welcomed relief from being in the rental system for many years!
DeleteSuper exciting Lis, congrats :)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting Lisa! Congratulations!! Let the pinning begin :) x
ReplyDeletepinterest in certainly getting a workout! It is so much fun to dream and plan :)
DeleteCongrats place looks cute can't wait to see inside
ReplyDeleteThanks Camielle :) I can't wait to BE inside to take photos ;) I'll be sure to post lots of snaps over the next little while!
Delete