Nov 15, 2012

the tuesday that rocked.

The sun was shining, my assignment had just been submitted and I had some sweet tunes cranked in the house in preparation for the night I had been looking forward to for months - Coldplay live in the city. My Tuesday afternoon was rocking.

We made it to the city at golden hour, my favourite time in Melbourne. As a pre-concert treat we headed to Beer Deluxe in Federation Square for our boutique beer and cider fix, relaxed in the sun and talked about our day that had been and the night before us. Things have been so busy in our lives the last few weeks that we haven't really had much time to sit in each others presence, it was a welcomed opportunity.

The concert was incredible. The light show, fireworks and lit arm bands contributed to an electric atmosphere with a touch of magic. The classic Coldplay ballads got the whole stadium to their feet and had thousands and thousands of fans screaming out lyrics at the top of their lungs. We were sandwiched between two great guys in our reserved seating section. Col, the gentleman next to me, was in a merry state upon arrival which only heightened throughout the concert. Apart from his overenthusiastic fan expressions that resulted in copious amounts of beer being spilt around me (and, ahem, on me), he was good quality. His goldfish memory kept me entertained that's for sure.

I didn't want to be on my phone taking photos the whole night in case I missed out on just "being", but I am glad I took  a few shots and recorded a few snippets from some of my favourite tunes. Even now, listening to the 20 second segment of "Fix You" I recorded gives me goosebumps. a m a z i n g.



the wristbands in their full glory


Any other Coldplay fans out there? Anyone else make it to the Melbourne gig?

7 comments:

  1. oh my god! how awesome! coldplay are the best! love their concerts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to Sydney for this weekend's concert - looks like it will be well and truly worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Great work! You will LOVE them. I am sure the crowd will be even more passionate for a weekend concert, it was a strange vibe to be at a Tuesday night gig! Are you all going? xx

      Delete
  3. Coldplay are one of my all time favourite bands - the soundtrack to my Uni days (Parachutes) and one of the first dates hubby and I ever went on was to a Coldplay concert (Rush of Blood to the Head tour I think). They are so great live. Glad you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What wonderful memories! And what a great first date, wow! I would have been well and truly wooed by that gesture ;) They have become my ongoing uni soundtrack, 6 years into study and they are still my favourite band to listen to while trying to get work done. xx

      Delete
  4. Coldplay are the best! My mum is off to their Sydney concert tonight. I'm so jealous! x

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo