Sep 5, 2013

Spring has sprung

This week has gone crazy fast. Amidst maiden voyages into the world of lecturing at university, deadlines left right and centre, Father's Day and an engagement of dear friends it's no wonder I'm a little dizzy.

The first week of Spring has been sensational, no complaints here. We kick started the celebrations a day early by spending some time building our first garden bed and planting a hedge behind our newly constructed picket fence on Saturday. At a sweet 23 degrees, it was perfect. Covered in mulch and dirt splattered knees, Derek's best friend Russell turned up with his newly betrothed love - hooray! He harnessed his inner Romeo and proposed to his lovely girlfriend Ashleigh earlier that afternoon. With a wedding date in January in mind, there's no mucking around! I'm actually lucky enough to be photographing their wedding day which I am so excited about.

(bling bling!)


Sunday marked Father's Day for those of us in Australia and New Zealand. It's days like these I feel a bit down about being a sea away from my lovely Dad but I am blessed enough to be able to talk him nevertheless. My church likes to do things a little bit different on Mother's and Father's Day, we put on a cafe style service, play acoustic music, serve food, coffees and create a little ambience. I love helping out on these services and doing my part to make someone's day a wee bit more special. I spent the morning taking coffee orders, delivering said coffees and in between, using my camera to document the morning.

We had a quick family Father's Day lunch with my father-in-law before him and my mother-in-law headed up North to Darwin to...drive back South again! This time, bringing my sis-in-law and her husband. We are thrilled Ro & Shell are relocating back home, boy have we missed them. Rob was beyond thrilled with his dad's day pressie (be sure to check out his facial expressions below!). We are looking forward to him cashing in that Bunnings voucher for something all us kids can use for our various house rennos, we are a thoughtful bunch!























How was your Father's Day weekend? Are you enjoying the warmer days that Spring promises?

Bring. it. on!



4 comments:

  1. Great photos Lisa, waiting patiently for warm spring days xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos lisa, your family feels so warm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of my beautiful grandson Zeph - thank you X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I'm so enjoying this beautiful Spring weather.

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo