I am definitely being challenged to remember my new years resolution these last couple of months. The beautiful sunshine, perfect weather and long, light filled evenings have meant that Derek and I have had the opportunity to spend a lot of time outside, working away at projects we want to achieve around our new house before the colder, rainier days set in. It has been wonderful but at times the excitement of the future possibilities of our house post-renovations gets to be too much and I just can't possibly wait (ha ha) the years it will potentially take to get all our projects done (gotta love a husband who is determined to do all the labour himself). Le sigh. But, one thing that I have been positively ecstatic about is how quickly the grass is growing. Yes, I know, what an odd thing to say. But - a couple of weeks ago Derek and I rotary hoed our whole property (which, unfortunately, is not a very big area, thank you subdivision!) which took the majority of the weekend to get done. In the aftermath of said hoeing and the hours of raking to level the land, it looked awesome... but, naked, bare and desolate. Boo hoo. However, thanks to a trusty sprinkler, Kikuyu grass and mother nature doing her sunshiney thang, the grass has grown at epic speeds so now our yard looks like a pubescent boy's beard, patchy but there is certainly something growing. After one frustrating conversation (on his behalf), Derek said he just can't maintain my level of enthusiasm about our grass growing, e v e r y day I bring it up. Bless him.
It's refreshing. I am reminding myself to savour every tiny project that gets done around our house, breathing in and taking the time to appreciate the grass growing.
However, I still nag about getting a laundry inside the house. Baby steps.


oh i remember the joys of the moving house and the projects that arise. All i ever dreamed of was a toilet in the proper part of the house...as compared to in the lean-to where is was freezing cold! Enjoy your grass xx
ReplyDeleteYes! We have an incomplete lean-to and it is my least favourite place to go! Thankfully there is another toilet in the main house, I am looking forward to the day where I can rip the awful lean-to toilet out! We have such glorious plans for our lean-to, I just need Kochie's Cash Cow to get us going ;)
Deletexo
grass can be infuriating in dry climates. Our grass was so lush and green when we lived on the east coast (US) but now it is a tangled dry mess out here in southern califorina. good luck and remember those baby steps!
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo glad I found your blog through Gaby and IG.
ReplyDeleteMy husband's family is in country Victoria. Tralagon x
I am so glad I found YOU through Gaby's blog! What awesome images you took! Ha, we live in Sale which is 30 minutes from Traralgon! My husband and I work a few days a week out Traralgon way and we are frequent customers at the Traralgon Bunnings ;)
DeleteOh seasol works a treat, trust me...loads of it and you will have lush grass. My word yes.xx
ReplyDeletehttp://mindfullygreen.blogspot.com.au
Oh I have an outside laundry too! I hope the grass grows thick and lush for you. xo
ReplyDeleteDoes it drive you bananas?!
Delete