It's not much, but it lingers in the air. The trees are always the first to tell, and, this morning, as I delivered a pretty bunch of new season blooms to a pretty lady who is recovering from surgery, I saw it - the identical trees that line the street my in-laws call home have begun to show the first signs of Autumn. Not that it feels like the change of seasons is coming - we have had a solid week of hot days & nights and another week of much the same destined for us next week. It's nice. I do like it when the seasons linger a little longer than we expect, it gives us a final chance to bask in the warm, balmy nights before our days become short, cool and grey.
This week has been all about change in my world. It is the first time in a long time that I haven't been apart of the bustling start-of-semester activities, either as a student or as a member of staff. It seems odd not to be meeting a new cohort of young adults (and some, not so young) as they begin their journey to higher education. This week, I have been trying to find my new rhythm, my new place and the new role that I need to fulfil, whilst, simultaneously, recovering from the emotional and physical exhaustion that last week brought to my world.
Whilst Monday marked 25 years since my wonderful, kind and loving husband graced this Earth, tomorrow night we celebrate with his wider family and a small group of friends. I am excited, so excited. He lives a life worth celebrating and, with this change in seasons, it may well be the last time we can enjoy the lazy, hazy, crazy, days of Summer with some of the most precious people in our world.
What does this change in season mean for you? Happy weekend one and all.

I love the change in seasons. I can feeling it coming the cooler mornings now. I tend to hibernate and nest more in winter. I'm looking forward to the colder months ahead. xo
ReplyDeleteI love the warmth of Summer but I'm still a sucker for the cooler months, I would much prefer to be nestling inside a warm house with my ugg boots on than sitting in front of the pedestal fan sweating up a storm! Glad you guys are starting to feel the shift in seasons :)
Deletelovely, lovely thoughts. here in the northern hemisphere we are slowly warming up. i love change, but I resist it to. xo
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't feel like autumn here yet. I'm waiting and been wondering about this new season and how it will change the rhythm of our days. You write so beautifully and your photography is magic too x
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the lingering of summer... I'm still walking around in singlets, shorts and flicking on the air con every now and then. I do love the balmy evenings...
ReplyDeleteRonnie xo