Jan 29, 2013

Tom's Cap.


Today marked the official return back to work for both Derek and I. We greeted it with mixed emotions, I am a sucker for routine and I do legitimately love what I get paid to do. But, of course, Summer holidays are the bomb.

After spending the majority of our time at home over the Summer starting some serious works around the place, I asked Derek what he really wanted to do before heading back to school for another year. After a thoughtful moment deliberating, he responded, A glass of wine and a cheese platter in the afternoon sun at a winery.

Too easy.

So, on Friday afternoon, we headed to Tom's Cap Winery, a 40-minute drive from home. The last time we were there was for Derek's brother's wedding a few years ago, which was only a few weeks after we starting dating. It was a lovely place to revisit for so many reasons.



The planets had aligned and we ended up having the place to ourselves and it was divine. A sensational way to send off the Summer holidays and celebrate the beginning of another year.

Did anyone else have a holiday bucket list they tried to work through?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very sweet and private day! I love Gippsland, we are considering moving there once I have finished University. xxx

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo