----------------
A detour past Ikea on the way home from Melbourne resulted in the purchase of a Billy bookcase for our new house. Somehow we managed to squeeze it in my Getz, the bookcase pretty much took up the entire length of my little car which certainly made for an interesting drive home. We spent Sunday doing final paint touch up's on the new cupboard, finally filling it, assembling Billy and watching the tennis with friends. Perfecto.
Whilst the imminent threat of fire on local communities has been reduced considerably over the last few days (thanks of course, to the hard work and commitment of our dedicated CFA volunteers and Mother Nature), Thursday is anticipated to be a difficult day again with temperatures in the mid to high thirties predicted. Be safe, all.


praying for you all. The bookcase looks fab I wish we had ikea in NZ x
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the other day whether NZ had an Ikea or not! Where in NZ are you from? I am originally from New Zealand :)
ReplyDeleteI do hope that things all stay well and under control. It has been a horrible Summer, I hope we don't have one like this again. It's funny what you can fit into a little car isn't it. I remember driving home with a clothes line in our little Festiva, so glad it wasn't a long drive;) Take care in the hot weather.
ReplyDeleteIt really is astounding what you can fit into hatch back cars! ha, not such a short drive - it was a 3 hour drive home from Ikea. Next time - we bring a ute! ;)
Deletexo
So I've completely forgotten what I was going to say on account of my SHOCK AND HORROR at NZ not having Ikea! What the?!
ReplyDeleteBilly looks like he was meant to be there allllll along.
I know right?! Another point on the pro con list for remaining situated in aussie land! How on earth would we renovate our home without the friendly swedes at Ikea?
Deletewhat a wonderful blog! i'm in love.
ReplyDeletedo you mind if i add link to your blog to 'favourites' on martasrarta.pl ?
x
Hi Marta, thanks for stopping by. I would not mind at all! Thank you for your kind words :)
Deletexo