Jan 2, 2013

2013 // appreciating the here and now.


I farewelled twenty twelve in one of the best ways I could have hoped, time spent with my husband and my parents in a country I adore and grew up in.

It has almost become tradition when we are visiting my family in New Zealand on our annual Christmas trip to spend the days indoors, watching the rains consistently fall. Whilst this was true for most of our 2012 visit, the sun finally came out on our final day on New Years Eve. It was a beautiful lazy day spent reading books in the sun, visiting the beach and having a delicious meal out with my parents. We saw the day, and year, come to an end from our view above the clouds, witnessing the most spectacular setting sun.

It is always at this moment, in the lull after Christmas, that I find myself pondering the highs and lows of the year gone past and what I can hope and aspire to see come to pass in the year that now stands before me. In our current season, there is much I need to learn, areas I need to grow in and changes I know I need to make. However, the one thing that stands out to me is to sit, be still, and really appreciate the here and now. However cliché, I want to change my outlook and squish any lingering convictions that the grass is greener and begin to savour each season and each stage of that season. 

I'm ever so excited to see what 2013 holds for us.

Happy new year one and all.

xo

joining with Maxabella Loves

7 comments:

  1. Perfect, Lisa. I would love to join you in appreciating what's right in front of me more too. i think that fits in with 'simple', somehow?

    Happiest new year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely instagram photos :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, lisa. sometimes we are so focussed on what's coming rather than what's happening right now. lovely photos, happy new year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year & may it be full of 'here & now' moments x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lisa. I'm so pleased you had such a wonderful time back home.
    Enjoy the start of the year in your lovely new home. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here and Now is something we all need to stop and think about. I think thats a great word for 2013. The truth is often the grass is not greener on the other side, and it wants to be on our side which is why it grows through the fence!
    My word for 2013 is Embrace :)

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo