Our moving day approached with rapid speed after we got the call earlier this month that advised us our property would be settling in 14 days. With the help of some extra awesome people, we packed up our little house and moved on Saturday. It was a long and very wet day but we managed to get everything shifted with little complications. The old house is now officially out of our hands, I closed the doors for the final time on Tuesday after a 12-hour day of cleaning and returned the keys yesterday. The end of a beautiful chapter in our lives.
On Saturday night we had curry to commemorate our first night in the house with some of our dearest friends and family members. Derek also chose to mark the occasion by drinking a very special bottle of red wine, a bottle that he was given by his late grandfather just before he passed away a few years ago. It was a very sentimental gesture and we thought it was fitting to celebrate the start of a new chapter of our lives by remembering the end of a very special man's story here on Earth.
Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine.
Now, to finish that cup of tea and start my Christmas baking.
Pop back in the new year and I'll be sure to post some more photos of our new home, once the boxes are unpacked.
congratulations Lisa! I remember the same feeling, moving into our first home just a few months before we were married. oh the possibilities! the adrenilin keeps you going even when your body is begging you to stop. I hope you have a really wonderful break back home. I too, am looking forward to the quieter weeks of january, pottering around home with nowhere to be. merry christmas to you! x
ReplyDeleteThanks Tahnee! It is a wonderful adventure we are on, I feel so blessed that we have been able to purchase our first home at 24. I am an avid fan of adrenaline! I helped me get through midnight baking last night for Derek's Kris Kringle we had to give this morning at work! Merry Christmas, I am looking forward to seeing how Christmas day unfolds for you through stills xx
Deletei know what you mean - i moved apartments last thurs with my partner. he did the heavy lifting and moving with his uncle while i worked all day. and i did majority of the unpacking! what a job! now a week on, we're all unpacked and packing our suitcases for a 2 week trip back to victoria to see our family for christmas! PHEW!
ReplyDeletetime to relax! hope you enjoy your break as much as we'll be enjoying ours!
It sounds exactly like us, I was stuck packing boxes at the old house all day while Derek and our other manly helpers moved all the furniture and boxes! Congratulations on being all unpacked, what a wonderful feeling! We have a serious storage issue which is hindering our ability to actually unpack properly but I am comforted that come January, I will have a 12ft linen cupboard which will hopefully rectify that issue! Enjoy your trip to VIC, nothing beats visiting family for Christmas :) Merry Christmas x
DeleteAck! Moving is such a chore! Being able to buy a home at 24 is huge! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOh hai!!
ReplyDeleteI can not tell you how jealous i am of you and who you get to call neighbour!
And after reading through your blog, i'm now jealous of Lou too!
much love x