... hit every garage sale advertised in the local paper in our town and surrounding areas.
...enjoyed some glorious country views on a drive through the local townships to visit said garage sales...
...picked up a selection of awesome bargains on our garage sale hunting
...I caught up with a very special young lady (at last!) and we drank, ate, laughed, and shared the very special happenings in our lives
...and I visited this space and was reminded of the therapeutic beauty of the flow of words. I find myself engaged in a constant struggle between life, work and writing my doctorate. I am reassured by many of the talented people I work with that what I am going through and what I am struggling with is "normal". It is hard. "It gets easier", they say.
"The first year is always the hardest". Whilst their offer of support is somewhat reassuring, I still feel this immense pressure to frequently produce exceptional work, and yet, still be the best teacher that I can be, the best wife that I can be, and the best friend and daughter that I can be. Phew.
With two weeks left of the teaching semester, perhaps my opportunity to re-experience the wondrous joy that comes from illustrating new knowledge with words will come again.
New week, come at me.
How was your weekend?
Lis xx

x660.jpg)

+x660.jpg)






thanks for popping by my blog and saying hi :) your photos are great. did you notice a big improvement after the nursery? x
ReplyDeleteHi Gaby! Thanks for popping in, in return :) I noticed a mammoth difference in my photo taking after The Nursery, it blew my mind just how simple it really was! Now I'm snapping more than ever, practice, practice, practice! Did you find the same? xx
ReplyDeleteThat chest looks amazing, very jealous, I never find cool things second hand.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely weekend - and you're right, a great haul from the garage sales. That chest!
ReplyDeleteI know, right?! $20 and it was a fundraiser for the Men's Shed in a little township down the road, win, win!
DeleteHi Lisa, Your photos are amazing! I miss seeing and hearing cows on a regular basis. Up until a couple of years ago I always went to sleep to the sounds of happy mooing cows it was so peaceful.
ReplyDeleteI love your garage sales finds, anything vintage always gets me.
I am a teacher (primary school) and it is true the first year really is the hardest. With every passing year I feel less pressure to prove myself to others and more enjoyment in my work.
x
thanks for visiting, Julia! I am a sucker for vintage, too. thankfully we have a house from the perfect era so my vintage garage sale buys fit in here. I am glad to hear teaching gets better each year, one week left of classes and then I will have officially completed my first two semesters, yay! x
Deletehow is it possible i have never been here before- what a beautiful space!
ReplyDeleteTruly stunning
xo em
Thank you for your lovely words and taking the time to visit my 'space'! I am still finding my feet in this blogosphere. As time goes on, I am realising more and more what a wonderful community it really is, it is such a loving, encouraging, safe place to share. Thanks for being an excellent contributor to this world x
Deletehow lovely Lisa.
DeleteIt truly is a great world to be apart of.
I just shared your blog with my Facebook page priends- i'm sure they'll love it as much as I do
xo em
Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteFound your blog thanks to the lovely Em of The Beetle Shack who shared it on FB. You really do have such a lovely space here. I absolutely love the photos of the countryside above!
Ronnie xo