I promise, after I write this blog post I will get my stuff done... (seriously, click on that link, it is the best clip that fully encapsulates the daily struggle I am faced with)
![]() |
| the newly wedded mr. + mrs. hayman 18/06/2011 - image by sunny+scout photogtaphy |
Last week Derek, myself, two very tired and cranky (but still ridiculously delicious) munchkins and the lou-meister from sunny + scout photography headed down the road to frolic in some glorious canola and make some cool memories in honour of Derek and I's first wedding anniversary. I first got the idea from something I stumbled across on pinterest a few months ago. I mentioned the idea to Derek, normally he brushes my often strange creative suggestions off, but this one he was keen for, score. We would like to do at least one photo a year for the first 10 years of our marriage to see how we grow and photograph our journey together. I love the idea, I just hope we keep it up. Due to the hectic June/July months our little shoot got lost amidst holidays, family visits and work commitments. But alas, about 2 and a half months later, we got there! Here are a few of my favourite shots from the afternoon. All photos were taken by lou - how clever is she?!


I was told time and time again that the first year of marriage was the hardest. I am so thankful for the raw honesty of the wonderful people I surround myself with that helped me get through the rough patches and celebrated with me during the joyous ones. There are so many changes to adjust to (and on my best days, I dislike change). It was a seriously hard year at times. It was full of marvellous things and wonderful memories no doubt, but it was also full of tears, questions, frustration and trials. Above all else though, I do love doing life together, growing together and forever learning more about each other. The things that were once really hard are already starting to come with more ease, patience and understanding. I know that it will keep getting better and better. Each year is definitely something to celebrate in this day and age. And now, we are in the midst of some really exciting things that I can not wait to share when the time is right. You rock my world, Mr.Hayman and it is an honour, joy and privilege to be doing this journey of life with you.
For more of Lou's images from our shoot, click here
Lis xx
+x650.jpg)














Beautiful beautiful beautiful!! (Lou, you are SUCH a talent).
ReplyDeleteAnd such a wonderful idea. Your words are incredibly touching too.
I found the first year of marriage really hard too. And then we went and had another baby which puts a strain on things (darn sleep deprivation). But without doubt the highs always shine far brighter than the lows.
Can't wait to hear all about your exciting times ahead. xxxx
Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it through the first year ;)
You guys are the bomb.com - it is ALWAYS a pleasure.
ReplyDeletexx
what a lovely, lovely idea. :) congrats on your first year of marriage!
ReplyDeleteI'm a big fan of Lou's photography and she's done such a beautiful job here!
ReplyDeleteThe ones of you guys lying down are just too sweet. :)
Happy anniversary!
Ronnie xo
Great idea :) the photos are lovely xx
ReplyDeleteThese photos are so cute! Lovely blog! :)
ReplyDelete-Jackie
http://jacquelinebenthuysen.blogspot.com/
Beautiful photographs x
ReplyDeleteLisa this is absolutely gorgeous :) I've had a peek over on Lou's page also and I'm in love with this idea of documenting your first year.
ReplyDeleteSophie xo