Oct 15, 2012

this weekend // birthday's & Ikea

this weekend we ...


...got a wee bit snazzed up and headed to Melbourne-town for a slightly posh 85th birthday celebration of a very beloved relative at the Kooyong Tennis Club in Toorak. (thanks for the lend of your amazing dress, steph!)




we ate incredibly delicious food, caught up with some of the Melbourne and Sydney based family members and celebrated a wonderful, generous and kind man's birthday.


Promptly after lunch, Derek and I headed to Springvale where I lost my Ikea virginity. My jaw dropped as we walked inside and I really was like a kid in a candy store. I was salivating. I feel this could be the beginning of a very (expensive), loving relationship. Derek was adamant before our trip that we would only look, not buy. It sounded like a challenge to me. I didn't get that very cool bookcase I was pining for, but we did come home with a collection of miscellaneous objects including a metal potato masher and an outdoor mat. Pretty exciting stuff right there. Mission = accomplished.


After a damp and cold day on Saturday, the Spring sunshine came to shine on Sunday. Perfect conditions to celebrate little Scout's 2nd birthday.


There was cake, the best popcorn I have ever tasted in my life, fruit, new born babes and a lot of toddlers and little people on a mad sugar high. I met the lovely Kristy in person along with her super friendly hubby, she is even more wonderful in real life! The party was a raging success, Lou, you are one stylish lady!

How was your weekend?

Joining in with lou's point + shoot

lis xx












4 comments:

  1. I think you and Ikea are the perfect match - keep me updated on how things progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That popcorn - OH. MY. I stole about half a bag and ate it on the trip home! Even the 'healthy people' have (semi) naughty treats!

    Was great to meet you too Lisa!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photos are lovely and your blog is lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is so presh. That cake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo