I had excellent intentions of snapping away on my beloved dslr this weekend, I even dragged it along to our Saturday morning garage sales. Yet, the convenience and subtlety of my iphone won out time and time again, I become one of those people, you know, the iphone snap happy type.
This weekend we...
# (I) woke up and found my husband had bought me a fresh bouquet of roses and left them in the kitchen for me. He rocks.
# hit some garage sales as a part of our regular quest to find hidden treasures. This week, pretty unsuccessfully. With the exception, that is, of a little dolls house and some accessories that go with it for the lovely little people that frequent our house. I am attempting to lure them away from wine glasses, wine bottles, tv remotes, nail polishes and generally anything and everything that is not kid friendly in our house.
# went to a house auction of a property we had a look through about a month ago. We went out of curiosity to see how much it would end up going for and to see how a real life auction works. Derek gave me strict instructions to not even scratch my nose during the auction in case I accidentally purchased a house. Success.
# had coffee and some munchables with father-in-law and husband at The Hunting Ground post garage sales. It was awesome. As usual.
# I marked essays. Then I marked some more. I should, in fact be marking essays right now.
# we had an awesome night with our fellow Ocsober participating besties. We pined over not being able to drink beer and wine at a BBQ, it seemed treasonous (and yes, a first world problem if ever I heard of one). You should sponsor us. Seriously, do it.
# celebrated a very awesome lady's 20th birthday. My wonderful sister-in-law, Brooke. We had a delicious lunch together, showered her with gifts and teased her profusely about that one time, when she turned 19, she warned a two year old to keep her hair away from the candles in case it catches alight when helping her blow them out... then Brooke's hair caught on fire. She has, as you can imagine, thoroughly enjoyed her family tweeting about said incident on Twitter all afternoon.
How was your weekend?
Joining in with Lou's point + shoot
+x660.jpg)

Congratulations on not buying a house!! That would be my biggest worry :)
ReplyDelete