Sep 24, 2012

the weekend that was and the monday that is.



Our weekend started off in the most delicious fashion. Derek and I decided to have a special breaky together at home as a celebration of the school holidays and a week to spend together, hooray. I whipped up some pancakes using this recipe and I was surprised at how easy it was to make pancakes - all this time wasted on shakers! I added some cinnamon and mashed banana to the batter for a little extra somethin-somethin, de-lish.

Shortly after our mid-morning breakfast Derek headed to the Valley with some friends of ours to watch the local footy grand final and I headed to Stratford for the memorial service of a very dear lady who passed away last week. It was a lovely way to farewell a remarkable woman.

To top off our jam-packed Saturday, we headed back out to Stratford together to spend some time with close friends of ours, making home-made pizzas and watching the last AFL pre-lim. final. 

Sunday disappeared in a whirlwind of Church, lunching, movie watching and dinner with friends. A lovely way to start our little holiday time.

My Monday mornings are normally spent driving an hour to work, teaching my first year uni students and doing some assessment marking. This particular Monday morning was much different, instead of spending it with late teens, it was with a sparkly almost-two-year-old and a bright three year old, both totally gorgeous girls. A much sunnier way to start my week that's for sure! I baby sat these munchkins while their mum spent some time with a very dear friend of hers who was off at the hospital having a beautiful baby boy, congrats Kris & Andrew! 



And now I am savouring the wonderful knowledge that I don't have to go to work this week, it's one long extended weekend for me, yippeeee.

How was your weekend?

lis xx


linking in with point+shoot







9 comments:

  1. Looks like a completely lovely weekend!!
    Lucky thing getting to babysit those two cuties!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And I can't thank you enough for allowing me the time to do what I did this morning :) Seriously grateful, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a privilege to be able to play a little part in yesterday's miracle! Loved your sneaky post about it this morning, too. I got your back, sister friend ;) Xx

      Delete
  3. I thought I recognized those little faces ;) Great photos, your pancakes look divine!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are certainly famous little faces in the blogosphere! Precious girls that are a treasure to look after. The pancakes were delicious, highly recommend them as a Saturday morning treat! :)

      Delete
  4. Mmm those pancakes look delicious, might have to make some for lunch now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pizza and pancakes. My favs! I recognize those two too. Gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a good weekend! Great pictures!

    jo
    joannadell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo