Sep 21, 2012

thankful.

Today, I can't help but feel thankful. I've been feeling under the weather all week and functioning on survival mode to get through.

First and foremost, I am thankful for this one. My love has gone out of his way to look after me amongst his insanely huge week. He has made me endless cups of tea, cooked dinner, vacuumed the house, and put up with my coughing fits at all hours of the night. Tonight, while I sit at home rugged up on the couch drinking my millionth cup of honey and lemon tea, he runs the cafe at our church youth group on our behalf. To top it all off, after being completely unreasonable this afternoon, he brings these beautiful flowers home. Each month since we got married, on the 18th of the month (or the couple of days around it) he buys me flowers as a loving gesture of our marriage that began on June 18 last year. Thankfulness overload.




Without sounding like a crazy cat lady (though maybe I will..!), I am really thankful for my little fury companions. Nothing beats having a loving little animal at home with you when you are sick and couch bound for days. While my friend lou has been living it up in Asia, we have had her little fury baby stay with us and it has been a delight. I will miss you little one!

I am oh-so-thankful for these little people. I don't have any nieces or nephews so I LOVE having these two in my life. Every Friday morning I get to go to Kindergym and hang out with J-Man while Bear has some one-on-one time with Mum. I love these mornings. I am so thankful that I have been in JJ's life since day one and get to see him grow, love, learn and become a real little man. My heart bursts with love and thankfulness for these two. 
(Carn the Tigers!)
And boy-oh-boy am I thankful for holidays. My love has two weeks off (the perks of working in the education system!) and I have next week off. We have big plans of...nothing.


What are you thankful for today?Happy weekend adventures, whatever they may be.lis xx

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon Lisa.
    How sweet is your husband! Flowers every month!
    Yay for the weekend, and yay for doing nothing in the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lis,
    Ruthie here, sounds like fun! I have been suck as well for a few days aswell, we seem to both be sick at the same time ... Must be a sister thing! Love you

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo