Sep 2, 2012

for you, the pirate king.





Images by sunny+scout photography

The last week in our world has been full of all kinds of awesomeness that has left me ten miles behind where I would like to be by Sunday arvo. But, I have officially given up on ticking everything off my to-do list and am taking time to sit, put my feet up, have a cup of tea and, in true father's day fashion, think about how awesome my Dad is.

Unfortunately my Dad and I are separated by a big ditch and a whole lot of water. We see each other once a year for Christmas so it has become such a special time for us. He is kind, thoughtful, hilarious, and always willing to make time for his kids.

Dad, I love that you find toilet humour hysterical, that you put chilli, garlic and pepper in everything, that you value family immensely, that you were never too busy to play, build and create with me as a little girl, and that you taught me to be strong, courageous and always see the good in people.

You are my cheerleader and have always made me feel like I make you proud.

I miss you today.

happy father's day.

lis xx

2 comments:

  1. your dad seems truly awesome!!! good to hear that he made your childhood brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hannah! I hope you are having a very happy Sunday in your world.
    Lis xx

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo