Aug 24, 2012

a family reunion of sorts

ahem, yes... I am sure my brothers would not be thrilled with this pic, but hey, it makes me laugh!

Today is Friday is has me doing a little dance, walking with a spring in my step and grinning profusely from ear to ear for a number of reasons: the sun is shining (hooray!), it's 'fantastic friday' morning with the Ingram's, after 10 months I am finally getting my haircut (whoops!), and, above all, in just ONE sleep I am driving to Melbourne airport to pick up my wonderful big brother as he arrives on a jet plane from the kiwi homeland. Airport reunions are right up there with some seriously happy memories.

love my brother. No one makes me cry with laughter like he does. He is the most loving, considerate, soft-hearted guy and I feel so honoured to be related to him.

On a usual year I see my New Zealand based family once at Christmas time, so to have a mid year-ish visit from Ken is a complete novelty. He is flying over with a bit of an academic agenda, we are heading out to the LaTrobe University Open Day on Sunday to suss out a course that they offer there, get a lay of the land and have a peruse at the best Melbourne can offer (in a cunning ploy to make him head-over-heels in love with a city only three hours away from us). Then, it's back to our humble Gippsland home where he is staying with us until Thursday next week. I can. not. wait! - can you tell? ;)






What's happening in your world this weekend?

lis x










No comments:

Post a Comment

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo