
Three weeks ago my gorgeous friend and sister-in-law married her long time love, Rowan. The day was perfect. Rochelle is the most organised, laid back, stress free person I know and none of those qualities faltered in the lead up to her wedding or on the actual wedding day. I had the privilege and honour of being by her side from the early hours of morning until late at night when her and her newly wedded love departed for their honeymoon. It was a family affair with her bridal entourage consisting of her sister, two sister-in-laws and a long time school friend. Rowan's family shared the same honour with his brother taking up position as a groomsman. Angela, Rowan's sister, and Brad and Derek, Rochelle's brothers, were the musicians for the day.
The wedding day was a bit on the chilly side and we did have some unwelcome rains during the afternoon when we were having photos, but it never once hindered the euphoric levels of all involved. The ladies in the family and the bridal party all had hair and make-up done at the lovely Elva's Hairdressing in Sale which was a really great experience. We laughed, devoured pastry goodies, drank tea, and then of course when our stomachs could handle it, enjoyed a glass or two of champagne.
With not much longer than an hour to go before the ceremony, we waved "adieu" to our fabulous hair & make-up stylists and headed back to Rochelle's family home to have some lunch and get our gear on. Louise snapped away on her camera as we got organised, and before we knew it, we were filing into our bridal cars and heading to the church.
The rest of the day went past in a blur of happy tears, cheesey smiles, champagne and dancing. I felt so filled with love seeing Rowan and Rochelle finally get together and have their much anticipated happy ending. I took a few (ok, a generous few...) photos amongst getting my own photo taken and savouring one of the happiest days of my life so far. sigh. I love love.
Prepare for some wedding photo spam.


And today, I said "adieu" to this wonderful couple as they catch a train, a plane, a taxi, and then arrive at their new home, in the far (far...) away city of Darwin.
I miss them already.
lis x



































































Beautiful!!! Me too!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful Lisa!! :)
ReplyDelete