hello, thursday.
it's days like today that make me tingle with excitement for the promise of Spring, technically starting in only a couple of weeks. I don't know about you, but I have certainly had enough of the cold, dark, depressing, rain filled winter days.
A couple of days ago I spotted this determined little flower making its way into the world outside my living room window. ah, hello, spring.
The week so far has been filled with some pretty exciting things. For one, by Tuesday afternoon I had finally broken free from bed rest and re-entered the world with extra zest after being confined to the house for 5 days. Yippee!
Tuesday night was the much anticipated family dinner which saw the return of these stud muffin newly weds. Oh how I missed them! We drank wine, ate a delicious roast and had the most mouth watering chocolate mousse for dessert (thank you, Lex!). We listened to hilarious honeymoon anecdotes that left us all in stitches (Rowan, you are one mighty fine story teller), had the traditional post-holiday photo slideshow viewing and spent a ridiculous amount of time on YouTube watching videos that made us cry with laughter.
I love family.
thankfully the newly wedded love birds could extend their stay a little longer so it isn't time to say goodbye just yet. phew.
Last night I had a much anticipated "girls night out" with my wonderful friend lex and our theatre friends. The nights adventures started out with a sensational dinner at ONeills Restaurant (our most favourite place to dine in town). We chatted, caught up on life's little adventures and we had a very productive planning session for a potential return to the theatre stage for us all later in the year (I am so unbelievably excited!). Two of our party parted with us which left Lex and I to continue on our little date night. After some more one-on-one chatting (a treat for Lex as she's a wonderful mum of two gorgeous babes) we headed out to The Courthouse Theatre to see Sarajevo Suite which was an incredible piece of theatre that featured three women telling their stories of the Seige of Sarajevo. It was a wonderful performance that didn't leave a heart un-touched by the beautiful honesty of the stories the actors told.
Now, back to soaking up this gorgeous pre-Spring sunshine!
lis x

No comments:
Post a Comment
ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo