Derek was off on a boys weekend on the Gold Coast, up and at 'em at ridiculous o'clock Saturday morning leaving me flying solo for three days. Thankfully I had left over soup in the fridge that I made for him during his bout of these late winter germs to keep me going, and incredible friends who took me in Saturday night, fed me, loved me and gave me some sympathy to fuel my pity party (ha ha). In amongst episodes of sinus malfunctioning induced grossness, I watched movies, a whole season of Grey's (whoops), some Olympic action, finished off an excellent Francine Rivers novel, read about Tim Coulson's photography workshop The Nursery (and got super excited that I will be at his Melbourne one next month - boo-ya!), made french toast (for lunch, why not?), slept, pinned a whole bunch of crafty ideas I will probably never make on Pinterest, did course readings and planned my lesson for this morning (that I couldn't even make it to due to said grossness). It's day 4 of bed ridden activity and the novelty of guilt free media consumption is starting to wear off rapidly.
In other less self pitying news, two of our wonderful friends (the studs above) have been posted to the US and they are packing up this week, so, tonight we will be heading out to our local cafe/restaurant Redd Catt to farewell them with style. sniff. why do the good ones always have to leave?!
lis x



A whole season... wow!
ReplyDelete