The view from here this cold, cloudy and generally miserable Thursday. Though, as I am actually attempting to get some work done from home today, I wouldn't have it any other way (maybe minus the really cold part).
This week has been a mix of happy rainbows, beautiful sunsets, well-behaved uni students (for a nice change), homegrown chai tea and tissues. lots and lots of snotty tissues. I am suffering from hayfever (in Winter? I know, strange.) and my husband has been fighting off a case of the flu (with bits of "man flu" symptoms thrown in the mix). He is an incredibly active, athletic "do-ing" kind of guy, so when his generally faithful immune system lets down its barriers temporarily and he gets sick, I literally have to force him into bed. It makes for a fun few days for everyone ;) thankfully he is felling better, back at work and I feel like I am settling back into some sort of "normal" routine.
Last week I had an "I-need-chocolate-stat" kind of day and a friend who moved 40 minutes away commented on a Facebook status that reflected said frustration. Her comment offered a nice cup of hot tea anytime I wanted to swing past on my way home from work. I decided that instead of responding with a generic "that would be great, we should do that sometime" and then never actually following through (sound familiar to anyone?) we made a time to have that delicious cup of hot tea right then and there, in the public world of Facebook. Plans were made and I swung past her place Monday after teaching. I had the most beautiful greeting from her and her beautiful daughter who I used to mentor when she lived in Sale. Grace cried, so, in true Lisa fashion, so did I. This beautiful family moved to the Valley (40mins away) so the kids could go to the school of their choice 2 years ago and we hadn't seen each other since they left. It's criminal. We had a long overdue catch up, ate freshly baked choc-chip cookies and drank 'Humble Chai' tea, the brand of tea that my extremely talented friend has started making and selling at the local market and a few lucky boutique cafe's that have started to stock it. The afternoon ended too quickly and as I headed out the door, the most beautiful rainbow greeted me.
love.
happy Thursday!
lis x
Love the post. We followed that rainbow too - all the way to Morwell!
ReplyDelete