Aug 2, 2012

7 days from her nuptial hour, we threw our dear friend Shell a Bridal Shower


The last few weeks in particular have flown past in a blur of party planning, wedding set up, rehearsals, pampering and family bonding time. This week I feel like I have been playing catch up on, well, everything. I have honestly spent 5 hours today cleaning our little two-bedroom house, putting washing on, washing dishes and all sorts of other mundane domestic shananigans. lame. I am constantly amazed at how much mess two people can make, I can only imagine what will happen when we have babies. meep.

As insane as the last few weeks have been, I miss the slight chaos of it all. Most of all, I miss Shell. Or shall I say, Mrs. Salerman. She is probably having the time of her life relaxing on some gorgeous beach in South-East Asia, sipping cocktails and enjoying spending time with her newly wedded groom. sigh. It is making me a little bit nostalgic and sentimental for our honeymoon last year. In particular, the whole warmth thing, none of this 'sitting-at-my-desk-with-icicle-fingers-and-two-blankets-draped-over-my-legs-to-prevent-frost-bite-in-my-own-home' thing.

This time a fortnight ago I was running around like a headless chicken, stressing (as I do) in a bid to have all the final preparations done for Rochelle's hen's party. Phase... three? or four..? of the pre-nuptial celebrations took place in our backyard. Our yard is huge and bare but it was nothing a few fairy lights, paper lanterns and tissue paper pom-poms couldn't fix (thank you, lou!).

We had an absolute blast, most importantly, I think the bride did, too. What started as a casual coffee date with her bridesmaids and mum then eventuated into a treasure hunt around town, a few blind folded car trips, a lot of surprises, a 90s disco play list, a relaxing spa, some floristry, lots and lots of tasty muchables, and not a lot of sleep. All in all, it was a raging success and a perfect way to celebrate Shell's wedding to her primary school sweetheart, Rowan.


 





                           














        




Special "thank you" to the always lovely and kind, Alexis, who took some of these shots while I was busy becoming a florist. My hidden calling.


lis x

No comments:

Post a Comment

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo