I woke up Saturday morning, two years ago, with my bridesmaids by my side and a stomach full of nervous butterflies. We headed to Khayaam hair salon pretty early in the morning to begin the lengthy process of pre-wedding beautification. We had a wonderful morning, everything ran pretty much to schedule and the girls were incredible at keeping my nerves tamed. We had a sprinkle of rain mid morning but by the time we returned to my Matron of Honour's house to get ready, the grey clouds had vanished and were replaced by the most glorious winter sun placed amongst a crystal clear, blue sky. As we got dressed and finalised our outfits the sun streamed through the windows and warmed us from the inside. The limo arrived and my dad and older brother joined myself and my three bridesmaids for the 15 minute drive back into town for the ceremony. I had never been more nervous and excited in my whole life. I was on the verge of tears as I stood in the foyer of my church, preparing to walk down the aisle, from my Dad's arm, to my soon-to-be husband's. The ceremony was a blur of tears, nerves and heart exploding love. A dear friend and wise counsellor in our lives married us, our beautiful friends Glenn and Alexis sang and played two songs during the service, and throughout it all, our closest friends and siblings stood on stage with us as we exchanged rings and made promises to each other.







The rest of the day was lost in photo shoots, food, champagne, dancing and tear jerking, belly aching laughter. Amongst it all, I did remember to take some time out to just sit in the moment, think about what was happening and thank God for this incredible man I had vowed to share all my days with, a fact I am so grateful for.
















This afternoon we are headed to a little town, Healesville, in the Yarra Valley for a couple of nights to celebrate two years as husband and wife. Bring on the next 100 years together I say.



















wow, looks amazing and the photos are perfect!
ReplyDeleteStunning photos, you all look so wonderfully happy! I love a wedding story xo
ReplyDeleteAhh wedding days...such a wonderful day to remember! You two looked stunning (and still do).
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea to spend an anniversary in Healesville! Michael and I went there earlier this year and it is such a gorgeous town! I want to go back...Maybe for a 2nd year Van Eck Anniversary? ;)
xx
happy 2 years! x
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary lovers x
ReplyDeleteOh what a beautiful day. Happy anniversary. You must have some amazing memories. Just popping in from Fields of Sage (doing a little blog tour)! I love finding new and gorgeous blogs!
ReplyDelete