
Fully aware that it is almost Wednesday, so ensues a glimpse into the weekend that was.
I'm claiming Friday afternoon as a part of the weekend, purely because it was especially awesome. A particularly nerdy response to a competition question regarding the 1920s on my local Hair Salon's Facebook page on Thursday afternoon resulted in a surprising win for me, which meant... a free (the best kind) make-over, blow wave and two tickets to The Great Gatsby all booked in for Friday. I sat in the salon and got waited upon, I had coffee, chocolate and a massive stash of trashy magazines to peruse, it was the best. In keeping with the Gatsby theme, I had a pinterest inspired make-over and of course, the 'do to match. To celebrate free stuff and a rare night off together, Derek and I went out for dinner before the night screening of The Great Gatsby. We had an amazing meal, drank wine + cocktails and enjoyed just sitting and enjoying each others company, something we certainly don't do enough these days. As for the movie? Awesome. I highly recommend it. Ignore the 2 star rating The Age gave it.
Saturday was wet, cold and well, wintry. For us that reside in this side of the world, Saturday marked the first day of Winter. It was nice to have a whole day inside with no plans, just listening to the rain on our tin roof. I spent virtually all day working on my website for my photography business which is at last, starting to take shape. It's been a massive learning curve learning the in's and out's of constructing and designing my very own online space. I am hoping it will be ready to go live within the next week, the designer I am working with is just finishing off a few bits and bobs to add the final touches, I can't wait to show you! Our dear friend Russell popped over Saturday night and together, him and Derek whipped up a sensational morrocan lamb casserole for dinner.
Sunday? It was superb. The winter rain had subsided and we were blessed with a sunny (but chilly!) Winter day. We did the usual: church, ministry, lunch, walk. That afternoon, after a delicious afternoon tea of scones and coffee, I took some family shots of the Ingram family, this time, baby Zachary joined the line-up. This photography thing is really rocking my world. Here are a few frames from our shoot.







No comments:
Post a Comment
ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo