Nov 26, 2012

the weekend edition // a weekend in east gippsland.

This weekend we joined with dear friends of ours, Damon and Lateshia, to celebrate their wedding day. It was a beach wedding on the gorgeous Eastern Beach in Lakes Entrance. With a cool ocean breeze and a 30+ degree day, it was perfection. It was the most magical day for everyone, from the wedding vows that had us all giggling, the afternoon fun with friends, to the waterfront reception: every precious moment was savoured. Thank you Mr & Mrs. Locker for letting us be apart of your day. There will be more images in the coming weeks as I navigate my way through the multitude of photographs I took, but here are some of my favourites for now.



On Sunday morning we left a very overcast and chilly Lakes Entrance (what a difference a day makes), and headed back home, with one spontaneous pit stop:  the Bairnsdale Market.



On our return home, we had a belated birthday lunch with Derek's best friend followed by a very quiet afternoon, church in the evening and a very tasty and festive burrito dinner with the burrito king and queen, Jess & Nathan

A truly wonderful, summery weekend. How was yours?

joining in with Lou's point + shoot.

my little blog also had a "spruce" over the last few days, what do you think? Change was in the air.

11 comments:

  1. I thought your blog had a little spruce up - but I wasn't sure as I'd only visited once before. It looks lovely, and your photos are just beautiful. Such lovely weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I noticed it right away, the blog spruce looks great. Nice job. I need to do a bit of sprucing too. My aim is to get it done before Christmas.
    It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Beautiful wedding and then some great looking markets. Quite perfect really.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old template was driving me bonkers, it needed to go! A spruce before Christmas sounds like a grand idea, I love a nice cosmetic change. It really was perfect, after we drove out of Lakes the sky cleared up and the heat blared from the sun, it was wonderful x

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love the new look Lisa - just gorgeous, especially the header. Lovely images too. Looks like it was a delightful, sweet wedding x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Yes, I like the new header too, it may get tweaked over the next little bit, I'm never quite satisfied! xx

      Delete
  4. yes, I noticed the spruce right away! lovely. and lovely photos, the wedding day looks just perfect. I was smiling just at the blue sky - before I got to the beautiful bride! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a stunning backdrop for a stunning bride! She is a tom boy through and through so seeing her all glammed up really made everyone go "wow"

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful weekend.
    And so beautifully captured too.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete

ahoy there. I love to hear from you, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment xo