This weekend was comfortably productive, yet still with a good measure of rest and recuperation. Our Saturday started much the same as the last few weeks, we rose reasonably early, scoffed down breakfast and grabbed Friday's local paper before hitting up the local garage sales. I must admit, I have become big fan of our Saturday morning routine. We didn't find anything of great interest until we headed out to our church to see how the garage sale was going out there. We had checked out the goodies that had been dropped off earlier in the week, scoring a couple of treasures pre-sale day. Derek found a beautiful old port barrel and I found an old Kenwood mix-master (no more late night trips to Lexy's place to make cookie dough!) . However, my favourite steal from the garage sale would be the 1968 Kodak Instamatic 133 I picked up on Saturday. After some on-the-spot googling, I learned it is nothing too fancy, but I really couldn't say no to this $5 vintage film camera. I just need to get it serviced, find some film and start snapping - I cannot wait. That night we were back at Church for the annual Chaplaincy dinner, fundraising and celebrating another year of awesome work from our Chaplains, my husband and his best friend. Good work, boys.
Sunday was spent at my desk, working on a little project for my thesis. I realised how much I have actually missed doing my own research (nerd alert..!). Derek was an absolute treasure, I woke up feeling severely under the weather and he wonderfully waited on me the whole day, bringing me plenty of fluids and things to eat. Bless him.
How was your weekend?
Joining in with Lou's point + shoot
+x660.jpg)
+x660.jpg)
That camera looks pretty cool, even if it is nothing special! Love the photo of you too!
ReplyDeleteHope your feeling better x
I love all things vintage and that camera looks amazing! Have you started snapping away already? Oh and I miss doing research too, I love how researching always brings me a lot of learning. I've been meaning to do a little research on just anything and everything under the sun, education and learning should keep going even after uni days. Hahaha, I'm such a nerd too!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better. xxx