![]() |
| Michelle Bridges' 'Oat Porridge with Berries' (aka, my breaky this morning) |
How delicious that look?
A few things have happened in the last couple of weeks that has really caused me to stop, think, and smell the often nutritionally lacking food that I have been consuming. My brother came to visit us last week and he has really turned himself around. He has started listening to his body more and become aware of some of the food intolerances he has, and instead of putting up with it, he has started giving his body what it really needs. He is in the best shape he has ever been and has so much more energy. legend.
I have decided to take a leaf out of his book and really try to listen to what my body needs, shift my perspective on food, and start living a healthier lifestyle. Food is delicious and I love to sample that deliciousness on a regular basis. Cheese burgers from McDonalds are my kryptonite, chocolate is my comfort food, and a mug size cappuccino - don't even get me started. I am attempting to shift my perspective on food from merely morsels of awesomeness, to a fuel that keeps me going and lets me do all the things I need to do in a day.
If you are sucker for The Biggest Loser, you may have seen fitness guru Michelle Bridges in her element. Last year, my ex-housemate Sarah transformed her whole life. She participated in Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation and boy did those kilos drop. She is looking incredible and has now got a completely different mindset when it comes to health and fitness. She is nothing short of inspirational. Her and her running-mad husband make the best team. Sarah has the biggest heart and is one of the most generous people I know, she has blessed me and my husband beyond anything I could even fathom. Last year we got chatting about her 12wbt experience, she let me pick her brain about the in's and out's of all the things she was doing. The next day, I came home from work and found a copy of Michelle Bridges recipe book on my door step with a beautiful message of inspiration from Sarah written inside the cover. Man, I love her.
One of the best things about this recipe book is that it has all the meals I love eating in it, but with only a few alterations, it is so much better for my body. Who would think to find lasagne in a health and nutrition recipe book?! I am super lazy when it comes to cooking, I love tasty food, that is simple and quick to make. Lucky for me, this book caters for my kind of cooking style! The food is delicious, good for me and leaves me feeling energised.
lis xx
+X740.jpg)

Hey Lis it's Ruthie,
ReplyDeleteAnd that book is amazing and the food is yummy. Have you got the other book like this one... It is called the 'no excuses work out plan' thingy :) they go well together
Love ya lots
Thanks for the tip, Ru! I will definitely have to check it out! Looks like you guys had one of her recipes for tea tonight, too? Awesome! Xx
Delete