Nov 19, 2012
the weekend edition
We spent this weekend in very close proximity to home which was nothing short of awesome.
This weekend, we..
# scoured a selection of garage sale's Saturday morning, and, quickly after returning home, did a mad clean up of the house for a prospective tenant (because of this exciting turn of events, we are moving out! Yippee!)
# had a delicious roast dinner with friends at our place
# headed out to a trivia night in support of our church Youth ministry. Unfortunately, the only win we had was when Derek and I's raffle ticket number got called and we took home a selection of kids toys. Our trivia knowledge was left to be desired. Next time?
... that's where the exciting stuff ends. Sunday was cold, wet, and we experienced one heck of a thunderstorm all afternoon. The cats weren't too impressed but it was the perfect climate to sit down and work my way through the pile of uni exams I am marking. Riveting stuff, really. Derek was at the Sunday market making burgers and cooking sausages for the Chaplaincy committee. What a trooper, working on his day off. All I really wanted to do was attempt my hand at making some Christmas themed bunting for my Christmas house décor, put up our Christmas tree and listen to lame Christmas carols (however, years of working in retail has somewhat destroyed my love for mainstream Christmas carols). Alas, our Christmas decorating will have to wait until someone rents our house so we can move into OUR home. I can't wait.
How was your weekend? Any Christmas trees making an early appearance yet?
Labels:
garage sales,
point+shoot,
weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am proudly raising my hand to some early Christmas decorating. I've just been itching to begin decorating this past week - and my pinterest tells a similar story, as I used it to scratch that itch. I am usully adamant about beginning on Dec 1st, but the trees outside got an extra special trimming with glittery baubles and tinsel this evening. I am as eager as a child this year!
ReplyDeleteSar x
Me too! Pinterest is certainly renewing my Christmas spirit! I have all these wonderful ideas about gift wrapping, table runners, desserts and crafts, it will be interesting to see how many ideas come to life in the end x
DeleteI love seeing the shops start to decorate this time of year .. it seems that Christmas things creep in slowly and slowly and then suddenly in December they're everywhere! x
ReplyDeleteps. lovely to have found your blog! x